Well, after Wednesday's heavy, wet snow and our old snowblower's inability to move it, we purchased a new one today! I ended up shoveling most of the snow last week. The machine simply clogged up with clumps of icy snow. We have had that one since the boys left home so it has been a while.
Dad looked online and studied Consumers' Reports and then we went to Ace. It was going to be our first stop and then we were going to go to Sears, etc. We had a knowledgeable salesman but he got called away. Another man who was a customer in the area came over and told us that he had been to all the other places and this was comparable to them. He sold us on it! (Or was it the fact that Dad hates to go to the mall?) So anyway, the salesman came back and had a sale right away! We brought it home and Dad assembled it while I went to get some gasoline. It works! Of course, just as we were about to start it up, our neighbor comes down the sidewalk with his. It was very nice of him but Dad had to be content with just doing the pathway to the door.
Tonight we are supposed to get more snow but it is to get to 37 tomorrow so it will melt. Anyway, we are prepared for winter (watch it not snow heavily again!).
We hear Utah is having a lot of snow today so we hope you are all safe in your homes.
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just got back from a very slow drive back from Provo. I bet Steve wishes he got the snowblower working already. Wish we could get a new one like you!!
Wish we had one for our little street/driveway up to our house. Yesterday I got stuck on the hill in the minivan and couldn't go up or down. Dan had to leave his office and rescue me. We had to leave it down on the street until the plows came--at 10pm!! Looks like we might have to invest in some snow tires this winter.
I like the part "since the boys left home." Figures!
We've had some extremely wintery weather here in Wyoming, but not nearly the snowfall amounts that Utah County is getting. My drive to work on Friday was very slow going (35 mph on I-80). I saw 3 overturned vehicles and several others who had gone off the road.
Have fun with the new toy!
Post a Comment