C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S
When I was but a youngster,
Christmas meant one thing,
That I'd be getting lots of toys that day.
I learned a whole lot different,
When my Mother sat me down,
And taught me to spell Christmas this way:
"C" is for the Christ child, born upon this day,
"H" for herald angels in the night,
"R" means our Redeemer,
"I" means Israel,
"S" is for the star that shone so bright,
"T" is for three wise men, they who traveled far,
"M" is for the manger where he lay,
"A"'s for all He stands for,
"S" means shepherds came,
And that's why there's a Christmas day, And that's why there's a Christmas day.
Reading Lynn's H-O-L-I-D-A-Y account has helped me remember this old song that was always sung during the Christmas season. Sometimes we do get much too involved with the holiday aspect but we can remember that it can also mean HOLY DAY and that puts another perspective on the debate of using "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas". I personally don't see anything wrong with wishing another person a pleasant greeting especially if it is given in the spirit of good fellowship. We keep Christ in our hearts anyway no matter what greeting we give. Just my opinion!
If you want to see more Christmas carol lyrics - just type it into Google! It is amazing what you can find!
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Sister Gibson. I remember singing that song when I was a kid. I love Christmas because it helps us focus more on the Savior. I have been trying to do things the way we did them at Christmas when I was a child. Christmas wasn't ALL about Santa. It was also about the birth of a King.
Thanks for the Christmas letter from Paige. It's been great to catch up on your family.
Mom, I loved this poem! It is a keepsake. Thanks for writing it and sharing your thoughts that I learn so much from. I'm sorry I've been behind on blog commenting. I love you and I'm glad you and Dad had a wonderful trip here. I treasure my quilt and will always remember how hard you worked to make me, your daughter, happy. The kids loved their gifts from G&G Chicago and I appreciate your love and support to our family. Keep blogging! I love to read what you write- even if you think you and Dad are boring!
I'm way behind on reading blogs! I remember this song too from when I was growing up. It was on one of my favorite Christmas records. Thanks for reminding me of it!
It was great to have you here. We enjoyed your visit so much!
Love,
Kellie
Post a Comment