Scottie and Jill, this is especially for you. Last year, they saw this coyote/doglike creature on our back lawn. We didn't get a picture of it then. This year we have seen it a few times and finally got these pictures. It seems to be a mixture of a couple of things. I looked it up in my wildlife book and can't see anything that is exactly like it. It seems that the one last year had more rounded ears. We think this is the young one and the mother hovers nearby. Dad had to go and chase it away. It runs off into the woods. It comes out in broad daylight. Too bad it isn't an insect or Dan would identify it immediately! Any guesses, anyone?
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh my, that is the creepiest looking dogish thing I've ever seen! I agree, WHAT IS IT? That thing just looks like it has rabies.
If anyone figures it out, I'd love to know! It does look very interesting, that's for sure!
Glad my girls didn't see it - they're scared of friendly dogs!
Wow- that is pretty ugly- whatever it is! I'm guessing a wolf or a coyote?? It would scare me too!
Great to see your family again! I have absolutely no idea what that creature could be! We have some wiley coyotes here, but your "pet" looks like nothing I've seen before. Hope you are all well!
taani
Dustin Says
I believe it is a wild dog of some sort. A very ugly looking abandoned wild dog. That's my final answer.
OK, here's what really happened. One night, behind M&D's house, deep in the woods, there was a big party. A dog, wolf, coyote, bear, lamb, and a wallaby all got together for some drinks as they are wont to do. The coyote spiked the drinks, craziness ensued, and the end result was the cute, little creature that frequents their back yard. As none of the offending parties is willing to fork over the much needed child support, this poor thing is forced to live off the land. Mystery solved.
Dad says:
Mark, you worry me sometimes. I wonder if you are becoming too enmeshed with the Wyoming patient population. It seems you are bringing your work home (albeit cleverly)....
I saw the same animal coming home from the movies last week. it was on Jefferson near Target!!!! we want to know what that thing is as well. I suggested a young coyote??
Mom, I'm supposed to be folding laundry, so instead I decided to solve the mystery. Look at this link: http://www.younewstv.com/areas/kob/45920202.html?img=3&mg=t
It looks just like what was in your backyard -- a sick coyote. Be careful!!
Jill
Post a Comment