Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Can it really be 43 years since Chris entered our lives? He was born in Provo when Rulon was a student at BYU. I had been teaching 1st Grade until we found that we were expecting a little surprise. We lived in a basement apartment in typical student housing. But we were so happy! Somehow we made it through - lived on love and vegetables from my parents' garden.
Here is my favorite picture of Chris and his family - on the steps on the St. George Temple after they had been sealed as a family. Nothing can compare with that day!
Dad (after a foot operation) and Chris at Grandpa and Grandma Gibson's gravesite.
Chris, Grandpa and Holden
Chris and Krissy - before or after a child was born - may have been Sloane because Holden was born at home (another story)!
Chris, we love you and are proud of you! We are so glad that you have blessed our lives. You are generous to all and are so diligent in your callings. We hope you have a wonderful day!






5 comments:

Steve and Kim said...

Happy Birthday to Chris too! Love the temple picture!

Mark and Kellie said...

Hope to talk to Chris tonight. He's another one of my favorite people.

LJ said...

Love this post, Mom. It's fun to see pictures of the past. I love the one of them on their temple sealing day also- what a beautiful family. Happy birthday, Chris!

The Gibsons said...

I have told Chris to check out the blogs. He has a busy day yesterday speaking in 2 wards, Stake priesthood meeting then our ward and doing family stuff. I am sure you will all hear from him today. I think the picture of the delivery was with Sloane.

Mytbroker said...

Thanks for the wonderful tribute Mom! Sorry I wasn't able to speak with you (or anyone) yesterday, it was pretty crazy. Thanks for being such great parents. Love, Chris