Joyce Smith and I in the beautiful Illinois countryside.
Here we are in the Cave of the Mounds - picture was taken by our guide.
Here are Joyce and Paul near the Cave of the Mounds.
Paul and Joyce inside the cave.
This cave is big but I think Timpanogos is bigger. And you just walk right into this one - no hiking to it!
We had so much fun that we are going to do another trip at the end of September - we will go up to Door County - should be lots of beautiful leaves in color by then.
5 comments:
Looks fun - I had no idea there were caves in Illinois! Now why didn't we visit those when we were young??? I'm sure we wouldn't have complained about the walk!
What a cute little town! That cave is incredible, too. I love the picture of Dad in front of the cornfield!
I should have said that we travelled back through southern Wisconsin and that is where the cave was. Wisconsin is beautiful with lots of hills and is so clean! We stopped at Lake Geneva on the border of Illinois and Wisconsin before coming home. It was a delightful trip.
Doesn't the picture of Dad with his arms outstretched look like he should be saying, "Hoorah, I'm retired!"?
Looks like fun. What's it like taking a trip like that without a bunch of kids in tow? I can't even imagine the peaceful feeling. :-)
It seems like you had a fabulous time in Galena, Jo Daviess County and the entire tri-state area. This is a wonderful time of year to visit and we sure do hope that you and your friends can come visit us soon! From your friendly hosts for visitor information, the Galena/Jo Daviess County Convention & Visitors Bureau
Post a Comment