Sunday, November 15, 2009

Stockings For Soldiers

It is hard to see in this picture but these are 150 Christmas stockings I made for a project sponsored by a group of mothers of soldiers. They start early each year and have volunteers make the socks. Then they are collected and sent to another group to be filled with necessities and candy, including homemade fudge. They are then shipped to various places in the US and abroad where they will be distributed at Christmastime. I did this last year also and it gives you a good feeling to know that you are giving something of yourself to those who serve our country. I hope it brings a bit of joy at this lonely time for them. Merry Christmas, soldiers!






2 comments:

Steve and Kim said...

Wow!! That's a lot! And they are beautiful, too. There will be a lot of happy soldiers out there. Reminds me that our preschool filled a few stockings last year...wonder what we should do this year.

Jan said...

You are amazing! You truly exemplify what President Monson was speaking about in his conference talk, "What Have I Done for Someone Today?" I can't imagine a day when you haven't done something good for someone else! You are such an example for me!