Here are some little dolls that were displayed in a case at the airport.
I'm a sucker for any type of doll! I especially love the Japanese costumes on these.
This is at the airport - Kansai is the greater Osaka area.
Here are President and Sister Kido who were there to greet us.
Elder and Sister Aoyagi were also there to greet the guests from Salt Lake.
The flight was on time.
First glimpse - you can see Shirley there.
After a wonderful meal, President Stevenson treated us to these huge desserts!
Luscious! The bottom of the sundae was filled with corn flakes!

Here with are with Larry and Shirley!
Brother and Sister Richardson of the Sunday School with Larry and Shirley and us.
These boys were part of a focus group that Larry had. They are trying to find out what life is like for these teenagers here in Japan.
Larry had them spellbound!
This was the meal we had on Sunday at the church between all the meetings.
Brother and Sister Richardson with a poster of their son who served a mission here. Someone remembered him and went and found this and brought it to them. They were delighted!
In front of a poster - this is the castle we could see out our window.
Shopping along the streets leading to the shrines and temples.
Kimono for sale
Sister Nakatsuka and Sister Tamaya - they were our guides to the area.
We saw lots of girls in kimono (yes, that is plural) who had come to the shrines.
President and Sister Tamaya - he is a stake president here and they drove us around.
I love kokeshi dolls!
And even Kabuki dolls!
Sister Stevenson and Shirley pose before one of the beautiful buildings.
It was a perfectly beautiful day!
Sister Richardson and Sister Aoyagi.
The leaves were just beautiful!
Shirley -just as cute as ever!
With Sister Aoyagi - I think they were examining a tree.
Kyoto is a city of both old and new - looking out from the old to the new with all the skyscrapers.
I guess many people come here to be photographed in costume. These are beautiful people.
Kids are kids no matter where in the world they are!
Wherever you look, something fascinating to see with fantastic natural backgrounds!
5 comments:
What a great weekend! I'm sure it was nice to see some familiar faces, too. Larry and Shirley do a great work, I don't know how they do it all!
Looks like you got your blog working again! Such fun with so many wonderful people. I'm sure that was wonderful to see some family!
You are in a such a beautiful place! I have fun reading your emails that get sent out and hearing of so many of your neat experiences.
Hi Grandma and Grandpa Gibson, this is Sloane. I love you so, so much and I love looking at your blog. I'm glad you're having fun in Japan. I like all the pictures of the houses in Japan.
Love,
Sloanie
How fun! I loved seeing pictures of you and Dad and Larry and Shirley. The scenery was gorgeous! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with such amazing people. A mission is a lot of work, but I'm so happy you get to have these great experiences along the way too!
Post a Comment