I need my nose to breathe and smell,
But sometimes it doesn't feel too well.
It gets so dry and starts to bleed,
I'd like to pull it like a weed.
But what would I do without my nose?
Do you think I could just breathe thru my toes?
Dancing Samantha,Dancing Samantha!
I'll come a dancing, a dancing with you!
It's 8:00 in the morning and Samantha is still in bed.
It's Saturday and time to play but her blanket's still over her head!
But soon she'll get up and stretch and yawn,
Then she'll go out and play on the lawn!
And after that, she'll help with the work,
Her duties she surely never will shirk.
And when all is done and Mom says ok -
Samantha will again go out to play
Samantha, Samantha - lived under the sea
And she was as happy, as happy could be.
She swam like a fishand needed no air,
She was so content and had not a care.
One day she looked down at her legs and her feet -
And they were not there - oh, what a treat!
Instead of her legs and her feet there were flippers -
Now she would never again need her slippers.
She'd turned into a mermaid - what do you know!
Now she can swim forever below.
She visits her family just in her dreams-
And longs for her own legs and feet, so it seems.
She wants to be back in her home and her school -
And swim once again just in a pool.
So she wishes real hard and lo and behold -
She turns back into a girl - at least so I'm told.
And now when she dreams of life under the sea,S
he says, "I'd really just rather be me!"
So now though she still swims like a fish,
She will never again make a Mermaid wish!
She wants to run and jump and play -
And doesn't want to swim all day.
She says it was fun just for a time -
But now, she has a swingset to climb!
Another Silly Poem
Once a girl swallowed a seed,
Yes, oh yes, she did indeed.
It grew and grew each passing hour,
Until it turned into a flower.
Soon her mouth she could not close -
She's lucky it didn't come out through her nose!
And now she's known as Samanthamum the Chrysanthemum!
There once was a girl named Samantha
Who met a big, black pantha.
It growled and growled,
She howled and howled.
And that was the end of Samantha and the pantha!
There once was a princess named Belle
She was so pretty as all can tell.
She danced with a beast and had a great feast
That's all about Belle I can tell!
Once a little funny girl
Asked a question about a squirrel.
I thought and thought but was in a rut -
Just what exactly is a squirrel nut?
And then the answer came so clear
And so I reply to Samantha dear,
To a squirrel a nut is a very fine dinner!
(And this poem is definitely a winner!)
What if a car jumped over a bunny?
Wouldn't that just be so funny!
That car would have to jump so high,
It might go up into the sky.
While it was up, the bunny could run -
Wouldn't that be great Easter fun!
Ty was swinging on the swings,
And thought that he was growing wings,
When his mom pushed him high,
He thought that he could really fly!
That wasn't true for soon he found,
That he was lying on the ground.
He tried and tried but still he fell,
But it finally worked and he did well!
Now when upon the swing he goes,
He hangs on both with both hands and toes.
He keeps his bottom on the seat,
And then he the ground he doesn't meet!
Ty, Ty went to the zoo,
Samantha and Braydon went along too!
Natalia, Paige and Uncle Dan,Karyssa, Mom & DJ Man,
The zoo, it seems, was quite a ball-
A "zoobadeedo" for one and all!
What fun if things could move around anywhere they wanted -
The car would be way down the street, the whole world would seem haunted!
We never could depend on things to ever just stay still
Things would move around and round according to their will.
So I am glad for order and things that stay the same -
But sometimes it might be fun if only just a game.
Poor Braydon is ill -
and can be a pill.
We hope he gets well very soon -
After he watches a cartoon.
Then maybe he will smile
And be well for quite a while!
Here's hugs and kisses for someone who misses
Her Grandma and her Gramps!
She's as sweet as sugar most of the time
Unless she has the cramps!
She's brave and true and helpful too
With Braydon and Karyssa
And Grandpa and I love her to death
And want to hug and kissha!
(How's that for a rhyme?)
Good night, dear Ty,
It's time for bed,
The night is dark and
I'll lay down my head!
And when I wake
I'll look and see
On Ty's Tblog -
Maybe there's a message for me!
The little sack that tried so hard
To live another day -
Still sits upon the kitchen shelf
Yet to be thrown away.
Another sack is being used
This week for Grandpa's lunches.
And yet he misses the old one
With all its rips and crunches.
We'll compromise and let it stay
Although its work is done.
But use a new one every week
And say we both have won!!
As long as Grandpa has his way
With things so old and tattered,
I guess my life with him is safe
And that's all that really mattered!
Kayla, Kayla, Kayla
You write so very well -
We love to hear and read your thoughts
They have so much to tell!
The little sack you wonder about
Still has not been thrown away -
Because of you and others
It has lived another day.
But I am sure that before you come
To visit us in June
That little sack will long be gone
Maybe to the moon!
For every thing there is a season
A time to live and die
And for that little sack, I fear
This Grandma will not cry.
It served its time
And did its best
But now it's time
For it to rest.
Maybe it is tired
Of travelling to and from
Full of sandwiches and stuff
And is happy to be done.
And so our little game is through
We had a lot of fun
And Sack will have a resting place
Somewhere under the sun!
Thursday, May 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment