Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I DID IT!

I wrote about us getting a new snowblower earlier. Well, Dad has used it a couple of times but I hadn't tried it. It doesn't have an electric start (plug in)and I am always afraid of the darn pull cords. Well, last night we had about 4 inches and Dad didn't have time to blow it this morning. So, I went out to see if I could make it work. I turned it on, primed it slowly 2 times, pulled the cord and it STARTED!!!! I was almost amazed. With the lawn mower usually I have to do it several times and I usually flood it and have to wait a while before trying again.
I was able to do the whole driveway, sidewalk and street so the mailman can reach the box without the snowblower clogging up and dying even ONCE! Our old one just wasn't powerful enough for heavy snow. This one just cuts right through. Anyway, I was pretty proud of myself. Now I know that I can do it!
Dad called me when he got to work. He was about 45 minutes late because of the roads. He said he passed an accident just after it happened or he would have been even more delayed.
Today is the first day he goes to the temple so it is going to be a long one for him. I will miss him! He is usually always here at dinnertime.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Congratulations! Victor just got one (a couple months ago), and I still haven't used it. I, too, am a little weary of the pull-cord.... Maybe now I'll have to try it!

Steve and Kim said...

We have one, but I vow to never use it. I bought it for Steve, so his job is to use it! He had to come home at lunch on Monday to blow the 6 inches that had landed overnight. Now it's snowing again, probably won't amount to much though.

Mark and Kellie said...

Yea Mom! I'm so impressed. I will likely never need a snowblower here in Green River. The big snows just seem to go above or below us. We definitely get the treacherous roads though.

Aprilyn said...

Good job!! I would use a snowblower! It would be much faster than shoveling! :) We shovel our big driveway plus our neighbor's because she is a widow and if we don't shovel it, who will?

Emily said...

Hi Mom G! So fun to hear how you are doing, and I love your tips. I must say, snowblowers are great, but I'm getting very ready for the jet stream to move north. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog!

The Gibsons said...

Wow, my Mom did all that? I'm impressed. This isn't exactly a problem we have in Saint George. Although today it got a bit cold, I think it got down to the mid 50's during the afternoon.

Chris

LJ said...

Good job, Mom!! You are one tough Grandma! I'm glad you're teaching us to be tough women. I wish I had a snowblower. Sorry I said that snowblowers were for wimps- didn't mean you for sure!! :)