Well, I noticed that I definitely have two themes going on in our house this summer. In real life, I don't like roosters or chickens. But I love replicas of them! I guess this is my new thing - I have had owls, cows, ducks, and pigs in the past. Chickens/roosters seem to be very popular right now as I see them everywhere. Lucky for me, some people have moved on to other things in their decor because I have found most of these at garage sales or Gooodwill.

This cocky cock was given to me by Mark & Kellie from their trip to the Bahamas.

I remember Aunt Leah had a glass chicken with a removable lid. This basket reminds me of that.

Here is my rooster table runner - with the arrangement I made myself!

These two remind me of Guatemala although I got them here.

Here is my rooster cookie jar.

And it is filled for the Shanks kids!

I even have plates with the chicken (and fruit) theme.

Now I do love sunflowers and so they dominate part of the kitchen during the summer. I know that they grow as weeds out west but here you see them in the flower shops at quite a price. This shelf shows off some of my collection on the runner that Joyce Smith made for me. The one in the corner sings "You are My Sunshine" and the kids love it. So do I the first few times - then I am looking for the off button.

This one was bought years ago, but it still delights me every summer when I put it out.

This is the wreath on the front door.

Sunflowers spill over into the family room to bring some sunshine there.

The guest bathroom also sports sunflowers.


Here is another one to brighten the cabinet.

So there you have it - a view of some fun things that I enjoy. I am thinking I will need to "Tannaproof" things as soon as that little sweetheart arrives (probably tomorrow night).
2 comments:
Looks great! I liked seeing our "cocky cock" Bahamas rooster displayed. And we thought you only put our stuff out when we visited! :-)
Looks great. Are you sure you're not going a little bird-brained with it all though? Just kidding - I just hope you can rescue it all from Tanna!
Post a Comment