Saturday, July 12, 2008

Transformation

David and Jan recently redecorated their living room. They gave me the draperies that had hung there since they built the house (I think). They thought I could give them new life for a humanitarian aid project. We brought them back to Naperville with us and I cut and sewed 48 school bags. Now I will pack them up and send them back to Salt Lake to be sent out to where they will be much appreciated. Children are supposed to use them as school bags but we hear that their mothers confiscate them and use them for carrying other things. Either way, it is great to be able to help provide a better way for those who aren't as fortunate as we are.


What do you think of the transformation?

7 comments:

Jan said...

Your post made me SMILE!! Yes, the drapes have hung in our living room since we built our home- almost 30 years! So, seeing those bags for books, or for whatever they will carry, makes my heart swell with joy! Barbara, you are amazing!! Thank you for your hours of work and service! We contributed only a tiny part, certainly from our abundance. But, it took your magic to transform something old and outdated into something truly beautiful!

Mark and Kellie said...

Well, she said it better than I could. It looks amazing, Mom. Another labor of love adding yet another room to your mansion on high. You'll have to let me come visit once in a while when we're (hopefully) up there.

Emily said...

That fabric had already had a good, long life with many memories attached. I know many more will be added through their recent reincarntation. We are grateful to you for getting them out of my parents home (finally), but more grateful for the higher purpose they have attained. They're beautiful!

TomO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy O said...

Wow! What a wonderful project that will be so appreciated. How funny to see those drapes of my growing years in another form! You are amazing.

Sandra said...

You did an amazing job, as always!

Steve and Kim said...

They look great!! Imagine how many people will appreciate those!