Friday, August 1, 2008

Meet Baby Blue!






Here is our new car! Dad picked it out last night and Kim & girls & I picked it up this morning. It is a 2009 Toyota. We have loved our other two Toyotas and this looks like it will be a great one too.

Kim & Steve need a newer car and so he arranged to fly back here while he isn't working and drive it back this week. He has spent all day trying to get here - the plane was delayed and he missed his connection to Phoenix. He will be tired when he finally comes via taxi.

We are enjoying our visit with Kim and girls. She is doing pretty well but has a harder time at night. It is now very hot and humid. Jill & Dave lucked out with good weather. We just heard from them that they are home safely.

7 comments:

Paige said...

Fancy shmancy! I like it! Now will you actually drive this one, Dad, or will you take the "old" one to work now? Enjoy the new car smell--I'm jealous!

Mark and Kellie said...

Looks great!! From one Toyota owner to another, good choice. What type is it? (Camry?)

Think you can fit a deer in the trunk?

Mom G said...

Dad responds:
Mark, it appears that in the eternal economy of things, only selected individuals were intended to be Camry owners!

Paige, it will be much easier to take it to work once I have that first dent or scratch.

Mark and Kellie said...

Ahhh. It IS a Camry. It looks like you have the type that gives you the option to have stick shift or automatic. I test drove a few of those, but went with a model that didn't have it. It's a great car though.

DJ Shanks said...

WOW! It's beautiful. I'm glad we didn't help break it in -- I would have been nervous to be the ones to put in that first dent or scratch! Not that my adorable children are capable, but our van has a nice scratch that we got just after getting it! (From a bike! :-))

Training said...

Nice car, what happened to the Lamborghini you were thinking about?

Chris

The Isoms said...

I LOVE Toyotas! Camry's are my favorite! It is a beautiful color also!
BTW this is Brittany!
Love checking your blog to see what the family is upto!