Saturday, September 13, 2008
Thank Goodness It Wasn't Snow
Here is the lake in our woods! It has rained almost steadily all day and part of last night. We have had 5 inches of rain and more is coming. Hurricane Ike's remnants will hit tomorrow and there could be a lot more rain. The rivers are nearly at flood stage now. It will be a real mess if it keeps coming!
Can you see the lake in the background?
But it makes everything lush and green!
Here is the store where I went to get a few groceries today. The parking lot was not designed to drain well and it always is like this when it rains.
Dad and I drove around a little this afternoon and saw lots of retention ponds that were filling up. The ducks love this kind of weather! We feel so sorry for those people along the gulf coast who have lost so much. Our little rain is nothing compared to what they have experienced.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like it got to your basement today. Hope things get dryer there soon. Wish I could be there to help you with your basement clean-up!!
I guess that's the trade off for living in the land of green. But, it's no fun. Good luck with clean-up.
Post a Comment