Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brrrrr!!!!

Winter Wonderland - but boy is it cold! You may have heard about the deep freeze that is enveloping the Midwest. Well, we are in the middle of it! These pictures were take a couple of days ago - there is even MORE snow now. Everything is frozen solid. Dad even stayed HOME yesterday because of the blizzard warnings. It snowed a lot during the morning and then the temperatures just dropped. Right now, it is not expected to rise until tomorrow at noon when it may break zero. So we just stayed in and got a lot done around here. Dad did go today. He bundled up and braved it. He says he is getting too old for all of this! Maybe this will be his last winter to do this.
Last night, we again watched some of the family DVDs that Kim has made from our video tapes. It is so much fun to see the children 20 years ago. They are delightful and so full of good ideas. Mark was on his mission so we haven't seen much of him in those we have watched. It is also fun to see our old home and remember all the wonderful times we had there. It seems like we gave the kids a great childhood. Hope that you have been able to see some of the DVDs - I know Mark & Kellie just got theirs in the mail. Kim is going to do more eventually. She will be very busy now for a while!
Well, hope all of you are faring better with winter. Come, Spring, come!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Yes, I don't miss those bitterly cold temperatures. It sure is pretty though with all that snow and the sun shining! Come out here and we can give you 30 maybe even 40 degrees. :)

Sandra said...

But the pictures sure are beautiful!! Hopefully your winters once you're out here won't be that bad - don't bring them with you!

Mark and Kellie said...

Beautiful! We seem to be on the other side of the jet stream right now, so we're having spring weather right now. I'm sure that will change soon enough.

Should I be suspicious that the person I always teased about never having had any pictures taken of her -- is putting together family videos that were taken when I was on the other side of the world??

LJ said...

Yeah- the cold in Utah is NOTHING like Chicago's cold. I heard someone once say, "Chicago is a beautiful city in the winter, if you like living in Siberia!" The pictures are very beautiful and I bet it's bittersweet (at least "bitter" cold! :) ) to think it's your last winter there. I think Utah is beautiful, but Naperville has beauty that I've never seen here- especially the green and the trees!