Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Rest of the Story ...

The last ten days of my trip to Utah were spent helping Lynn recover from gall bladder surgery. She has suffered for years with stomach problems and finally a test showed the problem! Poor thing! She had four small incisions in her stomach and it took a while for her to heal. I was glad to be able to come and help with the children (and Dustin - just kidding!). We accomplished a lot in those days and I can't even believe that I didn't take many pictures. But Lynn took a lot and so I hope that you will look at her blog. The children were so good and we had a great time together. I hope they will remember Grandma better now (the good times at least). Karyssa gets her brown eyes from her mommy and Grandma!Beautiful little Samanta - what a wonderful helper she was to me!
I stayed at Jill's the night before returning home. Here I am with Mason as I get ready to go to the airport.
What an incredible smile this boy has!
My Scottie is growing up!
He is such a delight.
Tanna and Grandma - February 14, 2009
Cute little Valentine girl!
And I couldn't resist putting this one on - the Asp girls were always dressing up. These are their flapper outfits!
I notice that I don't have any pictures of Natalia! I did get to see her and tend her a couple of times and she is adorable. But Lynn got a lot of cute ones when she was visiting.
And finally, look what was waiting for me at home - Rulon missed me! And I missed him.









3 comments:

Sandra said...

I love all the pictures and reading of all your fun adventures while you were here! We'll be glad when you and your darling husband are here permanently!!

Mark and Kellie said...

You're amazing, Mom. I hope these grandkids will realize someday how amazing their grandmother is. I guess their granddad is all right as well.

We just watched your 25th wedding celebration DVD. Lots of great memories! I'm amazed with how the girls got everything put together so smoothly.

LJ said...

Thanks for posting these, Mom! You sure deserved those roses after all that hard work as a mom and grandma out here. My family alone is a LOT of work, so I hope you know how much we love and appreciate you. I really enjoyed spending quality time with you too. I just needed my MOM for awhile while I was in so much pain. I could NOT have done it without you and Dustin and I are so thankful for the blessing you were to us at that time. And you even got Dustin to fix some things around here- thank you! :) You did accomplish quite a lot and it was so nice to have a clean and organized house to get back into the swing of things. The kids sure enjoyed having grandma there. I loved the pictures you took. Yesterday, out of the blue, Karyssa said, "Mom, I miss Grandma Cago! Grandma come back?" It was so cute. She sure had fun reading stories with you. Ty and Sam have been keeping their rooms spotless and I am amazed. We need this "Grandma Bootcamp" around here more often! I'm glad you're taking good care of your hubby again now!