Last Sunday, I left Naperville at 4:45 A.M. for a flight to SLC. It was bitterly cold at that time of morning. We were on a small plane and actually had to board by going outside and up the stairs. I thought this was unusual until we landed and had to deplane the same way (just like in the old movies). Steve picked me up and we went straight to the hospital to see Kim and new baby Eden. She is adorable and I was so glad to see both my babies - doesn't seem that long since I held newborn Kim. Jill had been helping with Emily and Ella and had taken them to meet up with Lynn for a sleepover. Lynn and family brought the girls to the hospital and I cared for them until Kim and Eden came home on Monday. The girls are so excited to finally have their sister at home. Monday, I also helped tend Tanna and Mason while Jill and Dave took Scottie to a specialist in SL. (He is short for his age but looks like everything is fine). I returned to Am. Fork in time to put the girls to bed.
Wed. we had to take the baby into the hospital for a check for jaundice levels. That is quite the ordeal - getting all the girls safely buckled in to those car seats! Then we had to go on Thurs. also. But this time, things were fine. We also ended up taking the baby into the doctor to check on her as she wasn't having wet or dirty diapers. Well, we laid her on the examining table, took off the diaper and whoosh! Out is all came - so she is normal!
I took the girls to storytime at the library and have taken Emily to and from the bus stop each day (afternoon Kindergarten). We had some nice meals brought in for three days. On Friday, I made cinnamon rolls and we took them and some black balloons (4o on Sat.) over to Steve's work and for him to show off the baby.
Saturday, I took the girls early to Spanish Fork for Samantha's baptism (and actual birthday). It was a wonderful day and Kim, Steve and Eden came just in time to see her baptized. Jill, Dave, Scottie, Mason and Tanna were there along with Paige, Dan and Natalia. Mark surprised us by driving from Green River to be there. He left the family home as it was so much driving in one day. We had a wonderful luncheon with the Johnson side of the family after. Samantha got a lot of wonderful gifts and was as pretty as a picture in her new white dress. What a sweet, beautiful girl!
Then we came back and had cake and ice cream for Steve. Mark was here for a little while before heading back. We ordered Papa John's for dinner with extra for the Super Bowl. We also watched Passage to Zarahemla that I brought to pass around to the girls here.
Now it is early Sunday morning - I still get up too early here. We are going to take the girls to church this afternoon while Kim stays home with Eden. Then Steve wants to watch the Super Bowl.
All in all, it has been very eventful for me this week. I will stay here until Wed. evening and then head to Spanish Fork. Lynn will have her gall bladder removed on Tues. and I will help when Dustin returns to work. I still haven't changed my ticket but maybe I will try to get back to my sweetheart by Valentine's Day. He is great about having me come but gets lonesome! (So do I - for him)!
I am anxious to visit my parents in Payson next week. Marilyn came over to see the baby (and me) with gifts for the girls and a movie ticket for Kim & Steve! Don't know if I will get to see any of the rest of my siblings, but if you are out there reading this, know that I love you.
I just heard a baby cry - she is actually very good and I didn't hear her at all last night. But I am in the basement and they are taking care of the nights so I don't know how things went. I am so glad to be able to be here - being a grandma is great!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Don't know what we'd do without you and Dad. You guys are wonderful to us whenever help is needed.
Dad says:
I love and miss you, Honey. Thanks for taking such good care of my kids and grandkids. I like the way so many things seem to revolve around Grandma! It's a good life!
So good to see you!! I think it's awesome that you're able to come out and help!!
Hi, Aunt Barbara! I just stumbled onto your blog. I had the address for your family site but just realized you had a separate blog. What a busy week you had! Always fun to welcome a new member to the family.
Love,
Julie
mom you are amazing. I wish we could of got up there to see you. But you seemed pretty busy. I can imagine how tired you must be.
Post a Comment