Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Disney Sea Trip July 1 '11

Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea are quite close by so we made a trip to Disney Sea with the Pinckneys who are leaving for home next week. Here are two cute girls all ready for some Disney fun.


Love the mouse windows!


The Pinckneys










Love the mouse windows!


Here we go!






Almost everyone brought their "Duffy" bears. I had never even heard of them before. Dad used to have a Duffy dog in his office, remember?


Here's Donald!


And Daisy!


Hugs all around!


Iconic view of the Matterhorn.


Balloons!


Going down the river on the gondolas.


Water fountain ...




Getting ready for our ride in the gondola.


Here's one of our gondoliers!





















The Duffy store - all sizes and all sorts of costumes to buy for them.


Old fashioned car and the oldsters!


I think it was root beer!


We took a look at the warnings and DIDN'T go on this ride. Goofy ...




Bringing out the foods from other countries for one of the outdoor show.






So many cute kids!


The Columbia sailing ship in the background. The ferry in the foreground.


Duffy in an outfit and in a special seat.


We stood in the wrong line for quite a while thinking we were in line for the ferry. Instead we were in the line to get a picture with Duffy!


The American flag!


Matching Minnies!


This girl brought every character that she owned, I think.


Eating our dinner.


Under the Sea - my favorite part!


Ariel and friend all dressed up.




Waiting for the show.











Mini matching Minnies!


All lit up (and blurry)




On the way home!


I saw this poster in the subway and took it for Kayla who was just in Beauty and the Beast in a production in Wyoming. Wonder how it sounded in Japanese. Mickey Mouse surely sounds funny in his little high pitched voice speaking Japanese!

We had good weather and the crowds were not too bad as it had been a holiday the day before we went.

6 comments:

DJ Shanks said...

I loved seeing your pictures! Now you just need to get to Disneyland! Next time you'll need to wear your Minnie dress and bring your Duffy bear. Then, maybe, you'll fit in!

I loved the matching doctors. I think they'll get along just fine.

Stop having so much fun you guys. I'm getting jealous. I guess these are just missionary blessings, but I'm pretty sure I'll be called to Green River, Wyoming. (I hope Mark is checking in on these blog comments!) :-)

Love you!

Steve and Kim said...

So fun!! Emily loved the Ariel ride and the Ariel stuffed animal! We miss you. I love you. Emily P.S. Hope you're safe!

Paige said...

Looks like fun. What is a Duffy? It's funny how he seems to be the focus. Oh, and Dad, you better bet that picture of you and the beer is making your mission slideshow! :)

Mark and Kellie said...

Jill - Only the best of the best are allowed the privilege of coming to Green River. I suppose if you continue to keep the commandments, serve valiantly in your callings, and serve in the temple on a weekly basis - you might have a shot at such a wonderful mission area. Otherwise, probably Brazil or some place like that. :-)

Great pictures, Mom. My girls would love that place. However, as a father of four girls, I'm not too keen on the style of the skirts worn by the teens there. How do they even sit down?

Mom G said...

Dad remarks:
Nothing better than "hearing" two of the wits in my family going at each other!

Mom G said...

Dad remarks again:
Speaking of wits - what mission slideshow are you speaking of, Paige? Besides, what happens in Japan stays in Japan, doesn't it?