Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 11 ' 11

We were invited to Kimhae Jun and Luke Yoo's home for a Korean meal. They were so sweet to invite the senior missionaries over. It took a lot of preparation! Everything was so beautifully arranged also. Here it is all laid out!

Tying another one of my quilts made from old Relief Society napkins!


Lauryn finished this pillow! She loves to sew and it has been fun to teach her.

Look at this hamburger! We went out to eat at a Burger Mania spot for our Family Home Evening. We did it in honor of the 4th of July - an all -American meal!


Yum!

The last meal with the Pinckneys - we will miss them as they return home this week.



They certainly weren't all-American prices.

Here we are with Sister Hooker who has become very dear to us. She was back in the area for a couple of days waiting for a new "green bean" from the States to arrive. She will be a trainer for her last 6 weeks.

This is the group that came to dinner.

Gibsons and the "threesome".

This is Matt Hall who is working on a Master's at Utah State. We met him sitting by the temple. He was disappointed that the temple is on summer break. He was on a layover on his way to China.
I brought him home for lunch and then walked him up to meet the bus to the airport. On the way, we saw this sign. His name is Matt Hall so this was almost his name!

He was pretty brave to come off for such an adventure on his own! Hope he has a great trip.

3 comments:

Paige said...

I bet it's been a long time since you had a juicy burger! That's a good thing for the 4th of July. When Dad said you brought a guy home I was a little worried but he looks like a nice enough guy. I'm sure he was so grateful you were there to help!

Steve and Kim said...

I bet it was a yummy, expensive burger! I bet that USU guy was having a fun trip!

DJ Shanks said...

Mom, bringing home a stray man? Hmmm...is that even allowed in your white handbook? J/K - I'm sure he was very grateful and that you were an answer to a prayer. I guess the temple is probably a good magnet for pretty good people. I'm also sure his mother is very thankful for you!

By the way, I think I might come out there and open up a hotdog joint. Imagine the money I could make off of that! (How about pizza if that other idea is already taken?)