Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Sushi Post - Jan. '12



Last night we went to a sushi bar with our friends, the Watabes. What fun! I have always kind of avoided sushi when it was offered at hotels or banquets but when that was the only choice, I found that it was very good! This place had bar stools around a conveyor belt. The plates of various offerings went around and around and you could pick it off the belt or order something from a picture that was on a plate. The various plate colors indicated different prices. The chefs were in the middle of the belts, preparing plates as they were ordered.

I tried a lot of items! Some were cooked but most were not.





Trying to decide! Good thing we were with the Watabes who could explain what things were.

The plates started to stack up!




I think that we ended up with 24 plates for the 4 of us.

What a fun night! We enjoyed yet another cultural activity here in Japan.

2 comments:

LJ said...

You are so brave, Mom! I vow to never eat sushi, but Dustin absolutely loves it! I'm glad you found out you liked it and got to go to dinner with good friends. Dad has a cute smile in the picture too!

Steve and Kim said...

Wow, it's nice they are helping the economy by hiring so many dishwashers! I have an app game I like to play called Cooking Dash. This restaurant kind of reminds me of the game!