Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

     As I was thinking about many things today, I had an insight that I'd like to share.

      I was thinking about Mom and Dad and earth life (heavy, I know!).  I was comparing the end of life to selling a house. When you try to sell a house, there are so many things to do.  You have to repair things that you have let slide for years.  You try to make it look as attractive as possible.  You get an agent or just put up a sign.  No one knows exactly when it will sell.  Many people come to view it.  Some seem very interested and may make an offer.  You think that all is going to work out quickly and then the deal falls through.  You recover from the disappointment and wait again.  Sometimes it takes a very long time.  Sometimes, it happens very quickly.  But eventually, it does work out and you are able to move out and start again somewhere else.

     At the end of life, you know that you will be moving. You try to make amends and get things in order.  Maybe you are ill for a long time or maybe you go very quickly.  There may be many close calls.  Even though there may be pain and suffering, it is hard to let go of life.  Eventually, life ends and we move on,  

     We enjoyed the time together - all of us and our spouses. It was our first Memorial Day without our parents.
         










No comments: