Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Spring Forward!

Spring forward...Fall back....

It's ingrained in our consciousness almost as much as the A-B-Cs or our spelling reminder of "i before e...."

I was thinking today about this event and so looked it up and found lots of interesting facts about Daylight Saving (not Savings) Time. Here are the dates for the next few years so you won't forget!

Begins 2 a.m.(Second Sunday in March)
Ends 2 a.m. (First Sunday in November)
2008 March 9 November 2
2009 March 8 November 1
2010 March 14 November 7

It's kind of like life - we spring ahead and then we fall back. It takes an adjustment each time. We may complain about losing an hour of sleep in the spring and relish the extra hour in the fall, but the energy that is saved is quite substantial. We also may complain when life gets harder and seems longer, but we do adjust and can make great strides with the extra "daylight".

Anyway, hope that you all continue to "spring forward" and enjoy the extra time in the light!

3 comments:

Paige said...

That's a good way to think about it. But, I'm still not excited about going to church at 8am (really 9am) this Sunday!

Mark and Kellie said...

So here's my quandry . . . I'll be in Arizona this Sunday when I need to catch a morning flight. They don't change their clocks in Arizona and I'm not even sure if they're on Mountain time right now or not. Guess I'll just show up really, really early.

Miss Kim said...

Thanks for the reminder. Except I do want to complain because I could really use an extra hour right now. I don't think there's one clean spot in my house right now. I'm really birthdayed out. It's time to get everything AWAY!