Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More Grandkids - more costumes!

Here are some more costumes ready to send off to my darlings for Halloween. First is the Tinkerbell one for Natalia with wings, wand, socks, slippers, shorts and goodie bag. I also made a hair tie to go around her bun - not pictured. Won't she be a cute little "Tink"!


This is for Ty - He wants to be Jack Pumpkin from Return to Oz. I am unsure what to do for the head so you see two of my ideas. The first is a placemat and the second is a little candy carrier. Maybe Dustin can come up with some fantastic idea for his head.
And this is for Princess Tanna with a crown and some jewelry (probably filled with lead so don't let her eat it!) She will be a beautiful princess!
I didn't make the rest of these - Samantha wanted to be a cheerleader and I found this one complete with bow. I bought the pompons at the Dollar Store and doesn't it just look like her?
Braydon wanted to be the Dark Knight. I also bought this one as it would be impossible to come up with a mask and that makes the costume.
Scottie wants to be Indiana Jones and I probably could have made one but this one was so cool and I think he will like it. He loves adventure and will look great in this
As for Mason - you will be getting that picture later. I am still coming up with a Husky Dog costume! Last year he wanted to be a Barney Bus. (And I actually figured one out!) I did go buy some gray fur type fabric and have something in mind. He actually wants to match his Build - a- Bear that he made this summer. It has a Cubs shirt on and I found one of those so I think he will be very happy.
After that, I think I am finished unless the big boys decide on something. They will probably wear football uniforms or something really cool.
It isn't even October and the costumes are almost finished. I love to do them early so I can look for bargains and have the luxury of time to make them special. I hope that every Halloween the children will remember that their Grandma loves them. This tradition started with Holly and it has been fun to get the requests and fulfill dreams.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Too cute! I can't wait to see it on her. Thanks for doing that--if it were up to me I probably would wait until October 30th. :)

Mark and Kellie said...

I think I dressed up in my baseball uniform about every year. I was not the creative type and still don't like dressing up. Thanks for doing it for our kids though!!

Steve and Kim said...

Very cute - Steve may want you to make something - I need to get him on the ball to ask you though.

LJ said...

Mom, sorry I'm so behind on blog reading lately... I LOVE THE COSTUMES! The kids are SO EXCITED and loved them too! Braydon said, "Thank you! I love you!" Ty said, "AWESOME! But my head is bigger than that pumpkin... Ha! Ha!" Samantha said, "That's SO CUTE! I love it." Their eyes all lit up when I showed them the pictures. Braydon said the funniest thing when he saw Samantha's with the four purple pleated skirt- "Samantha has four legs?!" :) You are the best grandma they could ask for and I can't believe they are all done before October! All of the grandkids' costumes are absolutely adorable and I am amazed at your creativity and love for making things for your beloved grandkids. Wow! Thanks so much for everything and the kids are way excited to get them. The costumes were even better than I had imagined and I know the kids can't wait to try them on. Braydon asked if we could go to your house and pick them up today. Then he said, "When Grandma's done making the kids' costumes, is she gonna make all the mommies and daddies and grandpa and grandma's costumes?" We will send you pics ASAP of them trying them on. I still am unsure of what to do for Ty's pumpkin head- he's convinced that he needs to use a real pumpkin- but I told him he would stink. He said he didn't care, he'd just take two showers instead of one... :) Anyway, I love reading your blog and seeing what you're up to. You're a fantastic example of optimism, love, creativity, service, and organization to me.

Our Family: Forrest,Carla and Apryl said...

Cute Costumes! -Carla DeMille