Friday, February 27, 2009

Lake Setauket

Here is our lake this morning. Last night we had torrential rain for about three hours. The grate in front of our house got clogged. Neighbors came and lifted it off so that the water could go into the sewer. Naper Blvd. and Iroquois and other streets were closed because of high water. We did not flood for which we are very thankful. When it rains here, it POURS!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Oh wow. Dan and I were reminiscing about midwest rain/thunderstorms the other day and that they last all day. Here they last like 20 minutes and then it's gone. I'm glad your house didn't get flooded!

Steve and Kim said...

Dad told me about this last night - glad you got home ok!! I do miss those cool midwest thunderstorms.

Mark and Kellie said...

Lucky! Wish we could have a good rainstorm here. It usually blows over in minutes. Glad you didn't flood again though.

LJ said...

It seems like it NEVER rains here in Utah! I kind of miss it! Neat picture...