Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 8th - Projects Made Lately

This quilt top is made from Japanese prints that I have been collecting from the 100 yen shop. I think it turned out quite well. I'll finish it at home so it isn't so bulky to pack This one is for Humanitarian Aid and is made from napkins that the Relief Society gave me. They were made from yukata fabric in the typical Japanese blue and white.
This one is made from an old comforter that a lady gave me and some corduroy .
This is the front. I already gave this to one of the senior missionaries to give to a homeless man he met in the park.
This one is just a stripe with the squares set vertically and horizontally. The stripe at the bottom will be the backing. (Oh, and I made a little jumper from the leftover corderouy.)
Another "napkin" quilt. The backing is the floral at the bottom.
And this is another - no backing for this one yet but I'm sure one will magically appear!
Can't remember if I posted these pillows or not but I love them!
Here are some of the little dresses I am making for the 100 Dresses Project for the RS to send to the Phillipines or elsewhere. These two are made of corduroy and will be great as jumpers.
I am going to try to made some little white peasant blouses to go under these.
These two remind me of the 4th of July!
This one is from some fabric that was left over from a curtain I made for our neighbors downstairs. It doesn't look as cute here but it actually is darling.
And this is from a tablecloth that I bought and used part of it for a yukata. I just made the dress the size of the amount of fabric that I have.
This one is made from a futon cover and it is all lined. I was able to get two dresses from one cover. I think it is just as cute as can be! I actually gave one of these to a little girl who is the great niece of one of our senior missionaries and she loved it!
These three have already been handed in. Actually, I have made four from the blue/white/yellow fabric. The stripe was fun because I used the vertical and horizontal and diagonal to make it cute. And the plaid was fun because I made a bias ruffle on the bottom. This pattern is great because it turns out different each time with different fabrics. Also, you don't have to do sleeves or zippers. It just has two loops at the back for buttons.
So, in all, I have made 16 dresses. I just can't quit!
My mission is wonderful! I can be creative and make things that are useful. And it keeps me out of trouble and busy while Rulon is on the phone.

2 comments:

Mark and Kellie said...

Nice work, Mom! I'm amazed at how nothing goes to waste when you're around. One person's trash can be made into something beautiful by you.

Miss Kim said...

Wow, do you do anything else but sew? I can't believe how much you've done. And I can't believe how creative you are with any kind of cloth people give you!!! They are all amazing. (Speaking of which, we need you around here! We need some amazing dresses for our girls!! But we are glad you are blessing the lives of others!)