Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 27th '11

Well, as far as blog worthy items, this week has not been as exciting as our past few weeks (thank goodness!). But here are a few pictures from my camera that I am sure you won't want to miss. These are PURPLE mashed potatoes! Our neighbor gave me two bags of potatoes. Since we were having guests, I decided to use them. Imagine my surprise to start peeling and find that they were purple inside. But they turned out to be delicious! These daisies at the flower shop were at least the size of dinner plates.
And SPRING is coming! There are flowers everywhere. These were on the way to church.
These reminded me of the old Primary song, "Little Purple Pansies".
And it must be political season again - these people were trying to get their message out to the people.
Some homeless person's bed and belongings - right along a sidewalk.
And here are people choosing their fish for dinner. (Phew!)
I thought this was a good message for all to see (at least those who can read English).
Futons hung out to air.
I know you think I love taking pictures of toilets, etc. but I couldn't resist this urinal right in full view as we walked past!
Disney World and Disney Sea are very close by. Looks like the 7-11 sells passes.
At first, I though these cars had to be backed up the stairs to be parked. Then we realized that they were just driven in from the other side. Good illusion though!
And we got new mailboxes! They are usually full of junk mail and fliers. We would love letters!

5 comments:

Paige said...

Spring is there already!? So jealous. Really, we've had a mild winter but I wouldn't mind seeing a few flowers and some warmer temperatures right about now! Love the purple mashed potatoes. I would've loved to have seen the faces on your guests. :)

Miss Kim said...

I guess purple mashed potatoes are better than green mashed potatoes! Love all the flowers - our bulbs are popping up! Let me know when Emily's baptism invitation ends up in your new mailbox!

Mark and Kellie said...

We really should be better at writing letters to our missionaries, but it seems we "talk" to you several times per week. Times have really changed since my mission.

Those potatoes looked like Play-Doh. And I think we're still a few months away from flowers popping up in the yard.

LJ said...

Fun pictures! The purple mashed potatoes were so funny! I love the beautiful flowers too- especially the daisies! It is so interesting to see the different culture there through your pictures. Thanks for the reminder about mail! I will try to get something together this week. Dad looked very handsome in that picture! Love you!

Sandra said...

I'm very delinquent in checking blogs. I so enjoy the weekly emails and I need to be better about checking your pictures! Little Purple Pansies was one of my favorite Primary songs; now they hardly sing it! Love the pictures! Such fun adventures you're having!