Friday, June 17, 2011

May 28th - Goths Leave

This is the gift that we gave the Goths as they left their mission. It is a Tree Of Life picture that was painted by a Japanese artist. A large one hangs in the Church Office Building here and the Ensign featured it on a cover recently. The Goths took all the senior missionaries out for a farewell dinner just before they left on June 1st. They insisted that they do it instead of us treating them to a dinner. Here is just some of the fare that we "enjoyed".

Rulon was game and tried a lot of it. He did eat one of these little fish - all of it!


Here are some of the pictures I took of him trying the various sea organisms as he calls them.


Here he goes with the French fried baby octopus!

He was braver than I was!



And washing it all down!

We miss the Goths. They arrived back in Canada where they visited children and his mother who is very frail. It was so nice to work with them.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Uh, Dad, I hope eating fish heads is a tradition you'll keep in Japan. Gives me the shivers. (Although Natalia would probably laugh hysterically if she saw you do that!) I'm game for the calamari!