Sunday, July 3, 2011

Hanoke Trip - Part 1 June '11

Rulon and Elder Donahoe - notice the twin shirts! Looks like the two doctors have very good taste (and shop at Costco)!


Buying the tickets to go on a day trip to Hakone which is a resort area up in the mountains.




Our train car! What a name!


Reading the information on what we will see. The Donahoes have been here just a very short time. He is the new Medical Health Advisor.

Here we go!


From our window ...




A cemetery ...


Arriving at the station ...


Our group of eight - Riches, Watabes, Donahoes and us.


Couldn't resist - the Japanese have such wonderful shoes!


This area is known for the gorgeous hydrangeas that grow along the train tracks.


Sweet little fellow passenger!


We took a switch back train up the mountain. Had to stop and go the other way several times. First we were riding frontward and then backward.


This man had on the same color shirt as I did!


I guess this man loved plaids and checks.


These people slept all the way and missed all the gorgeous scenery!


This little guy was sitting in his sister's stroller - a bit bored, I think.


Eating at a ramen (noodle)shop.





Entering the cable cars.





Whee! Just look at that scenery!





The Richs ...


The Watabes ...


Elder Donahoe...


Coming to the sulphur springs area - pools of bubbling water from a volcano.






What a great trip! (See Part 2)

3 comments:

Mark and Kellie said...

Looks beautiful. I'm glad you get to have such fun adventures at times to make up for all the hard work you are doing.

Paige said...

Looks like fun! Such a beautiful country.

DJ Shanks said...

I love to see your adventures! You really are having some great opportunities. I'm afraid Lindon, Utah won't compare...but at least, it's not Wyoming! :-) J/K Keep your pictures coming. We can't wait to see Disney Sea!