Friday, July 15, 2011

July 16th '11

Dad's new Korean tie!
The construction that is going on just down the street (alley). They are taking down a whole block - piece by piece! Everything is done so carefully - windows are taken out one by one then boarded up while they do another step in the demolition. It is so different here!

They even have this decibel meter on the fence so you can see how much noise they are making.

Everything is covered with tarps so that nothing can fall and hurt a passerby.

I am unsure what the green cross means unless there is a hospital going in.

As I took these pictures, the guards were bowing to me! Only in Japan!


They work long hours in the heat.

I wonder where they take all the debris.

This is taken through the tarp but you can see the piles of wood, etc. and it is piled as neatly as they can!

3 comments:

Mark and Kellie said...

Dad - If you go around looking like that (the tie picture), they're going to seriously question the wisdom of having you treat others' mental health issues.

Mom G said...

Dad naturally responds:
Mark, why must an obvious trendsetter be so quickly marginalized as a psych case? Is the cultural status quo that important?

DJ Shanks said...

I was thinking that they sure have relaxed the standards for missionary dress there in Japan. We were allowed to do away with nylons, but the Elders still had to wear a white shirt and dress pants. Hmmmm...I guess this look will appeal to the more humble of future investigators!