Monday, November 14, 2011

Quilt Show at Yokohama 11/11/11

We celebrated Joanne and Lesa's birthdays - a month late. It is hard to get all the busy ladies together.Joanne and her flowers.

Funny sign on the toilet in the subway - only flash water, OK?

Hello Kitty!

And here we are getting ready to go into the exhibition hall to the international quilt show!



Cute little quilted bunnies! (I think they were bunnies!)

Huge banner quilt!

The backs of the quilted creatures!

Julie Welch and Cindy Grames admiring a "button" quilt.

Wouldn't this be cute in a little girl's bedroom?

This was some entertainment - must have been funny!

This was an ABC quilt - notice that "I" stands for "Irand" - only in Japan!

This was a "quilt" made of recycled materials - don't waste anything!

Another one with bottle caps ...

And drink containers!

Sisters Grames, Welch and Donahoe and I had a wonderful day together.

I honestly don't know how people put pieces of fabric together to make such masterpieces!

Cute little dragon and a Welcoming Kitty...

There were lots of vendors and demonstrations. Here is a woman showing how to do "sachiko" where you pull yarn through stitched rows on fabric. It makes the fabric puffy.

We all just died when we saw the writing on this quilt - it really made no sense! If English is to be used, an English speaker needs to check it!

Looks like we were getting tired!

Do you see any men? I think I saw a couple.

The Christmas tree when we entered ...

And when we left! It was fun to see some Christmas!

Thought you might like to see the fashion here - long over the knee socks, high heels and very short skirts!

3 comments:

Mark and Kellie said...

Seems I've been waiting forever for another post about quilts. Thanks! (Actually, they do look quite impressive.) Also, how come all the men in the picture have that "I wish I were home watching the sumo wrestling match" look on their faces?

LJ said...

Fun to see the Japanese fashion! I loved all the creative quilts. That must have been so much fun for you! The "flower of love" quilt reminds me of the Japanese directions translated to English from the oragami books you sent the kids- so funny!

Miss Kim said...

Those quilts were sure neat. A while back I told the girls that we would redecorate their bedroom when you came home. Now at random times one of them will say, "I can't wait for Grandma to come home so we can redecorate our room!" (Hey, I need someone to sew the curtains for me!!)