What a cute little helper!
Some of the people who helped with the lunch.
As Sister Donahoe and I took a walk one afternoon, we saw these bottles around a tree. I understand that they are to keep cats away from trees and vegetation.
Here are the bags of carmel corn that Sister Zinke made for Thanksgiving treats for the missionaries. The Tim Tams are favorites and were given to those having a birthday during the past quarter.

The beautiful tree in our hotel.
Our traveling companions - the Donahoes.
Us ...
and the Zinkes!
The orchid that was given to the Zinkes by the ward. We had to travel with it for a couple of hundred miles!
At Okayama we had a great surprise! Sister Neki who had served in the Tokyo Mission was there helping in the kitchen! We had good hugs from here. She was one of our favorites.
Here she is with her mother.
The Relief Society sisters who made another great lunch for us.
Another great surprise - this is an elder who served in Sendai as an assistant. We traveled around with him when we visited there. He is now home and attended the zone conference because he is now the Branch Mission Leader. What we remember most about him was that he
always said, "I love pizza!". It was one of the few things he could say and we teased him about it. What a great smile!
We walked over to this store during the afternoon while the missionaries were having training from the zone leaders. I thought the name was great!
Hello Kitty and Opanman - two favorites of children in Japan.
This is the quilt that Sister Zinke made and has the missionaries sign when they first arrive.

always said, "I love pizza!". It was one of the few things he could say and we teased him about it. What a great smile!
The dragon dogs that were at the entrance of a shrine.

I loved this sign!
Scenes from the little shrine.



This is a very poignant story - this is a boy who has cerebral palsy. He wanted so badly to serve a mission but it seemed impossible. President Zinke called him on a one year mission during a District Conference just like Brigham Young used to call missionaries during the conferences. He was so excited! He will live at home and his job is to pray for the missionaries daily and to attend any meetings that he can with his darling mother. This zone conference was the first time he was able to attend. They stayed the whole time. What a dream come true for him and his family.
4 comments:
The Wyoming folks look like good people . . . and why wouldn't they be? :-) I think you said they are from Big Piney. I hear it's beautiful up there. It's about 90 minutes or so north of us, from what I'm told.
Always picture of food and friends! The story about the boy with cerebral palsy is touching.
They always do such a beautiful job arranging the food at the dinners! But now matter how beautifully arranged, I would never be able to eat the octopus balls! :) The mission president and his wife looked so sweet and like they are doing a great job with all the missionaries. The missionary who was called to a mission during the conference looked so happy. What a neat thing for he and his family! The story about the missionary who said "I love pizza!" was so funny! I'm glad you had a great visit!
Well, all I can say is they keep you well fed! I really do hope you're taking notes and getting recipes because everything looks so yummy!
Post a Comment