Friday, November 30, 2007

You Missed Me!

Well, at least Kim wrote that she missed reading my handy dandy hints! I just got lazy and took a few days off but I here I go again!
David & Jan were here with Brian on Sunday night on their way to Michigan from Emily's in Minnesota. They spent the night and I was showing them my blog.
David mentioned that he uses spray wax to coat his shower walls. (Of course, they have to be clean and dry when you do this.) He says it works like a charm but you have to be careful and not spray on the floor or it may be slippery. I think I will try that next time. He says you just buy it in the automotive section of WalMart, etc.
I was making rolls today for our big feast on Sunday for our last meal together with the YSA. I remembered that I wanted to tell you that I always take off my rings for kneading the dough and put them in the same place each time. I put them on the paper towel holder - there is a dowel that sticks up where you can tear the towls off and I put them on it. I try to always put things in one certain place because I know I will be searching forever if I don't.
Yesterday, I took out my recommend at the temple from the pocket where I always keep it. But I put it back behind my driver's license. When I went to check to make sure it was in the right place, it wasn't there!! I knew I had just used it and he had given it back to me. I ended cleaning out my whole purse with about 10 pockets to finally find it!
I always keep my keys in one pocket too. I learned the hard way not to leave them around. I have searched for them too many times. Once at church, a little guy took his mom's keys and put them in the baby seat under Jill! I had to drive the mom home. I found them later when I took Jill out of the seat.
I also have learned from David that FedEx is a good way to send packages. I have been using the postal service but he told me that when they went to send things home from their mission, he had checked and Fedex was cheaper and faster. So I used them this week. I do believe it was cheaper and it only took 3 days to get them to Utah!!! I just checked on them (tracking is free- you pay extra for tracking with the postal service) and it looks like they are all to be delivered today. I sent them on Tues. I sent two packages by mail on the 19th to Kim and they are just arriving today (the 30th). David said that FedEx is cheaper than UPS or any of the other delivery systems. Chris may know better since they send a lot of packages. Let us know if there is a better way. I checked to see if I needed to get an account. David said if you print your own labels it was cheaper but I guess they don't do that any more for ground transportation.
Well, that is the extent of my wisdom today. Love, Mom

No comments: