After talking to Mark last night and reading their letter this morning, I thought I would write a little poem to Karli.
Karli, Karli - almost three,
Time to learn to go pot -ty.
She doesn't want to do it yet,
She makes it known, oh yes, you bet!
She's got a certain stubborn streak,
Like her sisters, she's not meek.
She lets her wishes all be known,
And trys her parents to the bone.
And from afar we laugh and say,
Your daddy was the very same way!
He got trained and so will she -
But for now, we say, "Tee hee!"
It's payback time for us again,
So, just remember, "count to ten".
She'll learn and on that happy golden day,
All of us will shout "Hooray!"
GO, KARLI! (and we do mean go!)
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That was great!! I sat Karli in my lap and read it to her. Unfortunately, she didn't have a change of heart on her pottying attitude.
I wish you'd stop mistaking Chris' potty troubles for mine. I'm quite sure I was a perfect angel when it came to learning to use the potty. Maybe if you'd just put Tetris or Solitaire near the potty, I wouldn't have had any trouble at all.
Cute! You're becoming Gma Tanner with all her poems. I love the last part telling her that really means to go!
I agree, Mom. You're Grandma Tanner Junior! That was a cute and creative poem. Karli will probably laugh someday when she can read and understand it. Mark stubborn? Unbelievable... :)
Post a Comment