Monday, August 16, 2010
August 17th
We went with the Watabes to this market place - Takeya -several buildings with everything imaginable in the various stores. All the outsides of the buildings had this purple tile - you couldn't miss them!
Another fun subway sign - help those in need!
Special Prise!!
We were looking for toothpaste - found it but also found out that floride is outlawed in Japan. Guess we will come home with cavities.
Don't open a letter!
Love this one - they are not going to bag staff!
Here was a little place where you could clean you eye glasses.
I took this through a window but maybe you can see - it is a revolving bar with various kinds of sushi on it. You can take one off, eat it and take another. There are various prices for different plates. When you are through, they just add up the plates by their colors and you pay for what you ate!
Dad mentioned that we were also looking for deodorant. It seems that that Japanese don't need it or use it. But maybe they are trying to create a market for it - see the sign below!
Dried seaweed - and what it looks like when hydrated.
Glad about this one - no need to fear the dangerous goods.
And finally - our bed! When we came, there was the ugliest bedspread on it. There was also the problem of the box springs being larger than the mattress. The Richs left a down comforter that needed a duvet cover. I was able to get a full sized futon cover. It didn't quite cover the queen sized mattress. So I was finally able to get another twin sized futon cover and piece the two together. I used the extra for pillowcases. The Robertsons brought me back a plain flat sheet from Walmart and I made the bedskirt and bench cover from it. Looks great now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like the please help those in need sign. How many people there have you seen with an afro? :)
Post a Comment