The table is set for Sunday dinner. We had the
Dimicks and
Watabes over. The
Dimicks leave today (Aug. 2) for home in South Jordan. They run the gauntlet today (they have to pass through the office staff and all the missionaries before they can get in the van to go to the airport).

Hot rolls! My oven didn't seem to want to turn on so I had to go downstairs to the Robertsons' apartment and bake them there. Elder Robertson comes back tomorrow after a month in the States. Sister Robertson will come back in a few weeks to help train the new couple, the Grames.

Here is the lasagna! YES! Tofu works well and has less fat and fewer calories than cottage cheese! You just have to drain out the water (I did it in a cheesecloth) then crumble it and add the two eggs and salt and pepper and parsley. Then use it as one of the layers!

Dad's efforts on loading the dishwasher after the meal!

Isn't he cute!! But I had to wash some of the plates afterwards because they didn't get clean. (Too close together) But he tried and I appreciate him!

I gave the RS lesson. I used the talk I had given in the devotional a few weeks ago about patterns for our lives. It went well. We had some time for the sisters to bear their testimonies. One sister told how she had been in ballet when she was younger. Now she is not able to do that but she has been taking ice skating lessons for a year or so. Last year she was on a syncronized team. She said that when you are holding on to other skaters doing wheels and turns if you make a mistake, you drop your hands and fall down alone. You don't pull the whole line down with you. Then the others gather round to ask if you are ok and to help you up. She compared it to having problems and falling and friends and loved ones gathering around to help and lift you back up to get into the line again.
She also told us that she is going to be helping young skaters with their positions this year. She see so many who lock their knees instead of bending them so that they are more stable. She compared this to our bending our knees in prayer so that we are more stable and steady. She also said she was going to teach them to look up instead of down at the ice. Of course, this meant that we should look up instead of down. Also, she wants to teach them to lift their arms to get more balance. We should lift our arms to give service to others. Honestly, she should have given the lesson!
There were other sisters who told of hard things in their lives and how they had come through the trials. (I had talked about what to do when your plan doesn't work out as you had thought it would or should).
All in all, a wonderful day!
5 comments:
Dad - When you come home, I'll teach you how to load a dishwasher correctly.
Dad notes:
Interesting. Whether cramming dishes in a dishwasher or for an exam, there's a loss of efficiency!I never did much of the latter but for the former, I guess I will need lessons from Mark (who has a Ph.D. in dishwasher loading!).
You two are a cute couple! I've been going to the Sunday School marriage class for a few weeks now and I'm reminded each time what wonderful examples you were to your children to be loving, supportive and constantly praising your spouse!
The rolls are beautiful! Wow! I haven't mastered those with all the cheap ingredients and luxuries in my own kitchen. Also, I'm impressed with your use of tofu. I like tofu cooked, but the "slimy" stuff is still not my favorite. Anyway, it looks like you're having a great experience and I loved the R.S. lessons taught!!
Looks delicious! How funny that you used tofu- I actually love that stuff- in veggie burgers and such. You and Dad are doing so great and seeing your cute pictures makes me miss you. Good job on your lesson!
Post a Comment