Monday, January 17, 2011
January 17th '11
Dinner guests on Sunday - Ian and girl friend from SL. Delightful couple!
Emily Lippincott and Gibsons on Sunday after church and dinner. Emily is here on business from the San Francisco area. She is an old Naperville Stake friend! So nice to have folks from home visit us.
Dropping Emily off at her hotel. Hope we get to see her again.
Cute little doggies outside of the ice cream shop.
We went to a huge department store for a kimono exhibit. These geese/ducks were in the food department - all ready to eat!
Cindy Grames (our leader in this adventure) and Kim Froelich who has just moved to Tokyo.
Sister Pinckney examines the bread display.
Sisters Sonomuro and Pinckney on a rare temple day off.

Choosing our smoothie - yum - we got strawberry!
Japan has the most beautiful fruits and vegetables - and you pay dearly for them at department stores.
Breads of all kinds!
Sister Koo (wife of Elder Choi - the Korean women keep their maiden names) makes a face of disgust and disbelief after looking at the prices on the melons!
Choosing another treat - melonpons (I think)!
Had to take a picture of these boots.
School uniforms and backpacks for sale.
Demonstrating how to put on a kimono.
Back view - it seems very complicated!
Of course, everything having to do with kimono wear was for sale and women were buying!
These are real live Japanese women! I feel so fortunate to be able to get a glimpse into their lives.
There was also an umbrella making demonstration going on.
An obi with a bunny on it for this year.
Coats to go over the kimono - have to be big enough to cover the obi in the back (but makes the women look humpbacked.
Bunnies, bunnies, bunnies!
Here is a loom to weave the ties that go around the obis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for hosting Emily. She was so happy to see two dear friends.
As I've said before, I want to go on your kind of mission!
Love, Cynthia
Strange that Dad didn't want to go to the exhibit! :-) He was probably at home watching a satellite broadcast of the Bears winning their playoff game.
What a fun outing! Aren't you glad you are there the year of the rabbit and not the year of the rat? Of course, you may have liked the year of the rooster as well!
Oh, Samantha will love seeing that picture of her "tiara" store! :) Loved the pictures once again, Mom, and I'm so thankful you are giving us a glimpse into YOUR life! The kimonos are beautiful. I bet it was so fun for you to see all the types of fabric for them. I loved the shoes with the diamond heels too! Very cool. I'm glad you and the other sisters get to go out and have fun once in awhile! :)
Post a Comment