Friday, January 21, 2011

January 22nd '11

At Institute each week we have someone "spotlight" another sister. This week I was the one being spotlighted. This is Sister Fudetani who told about me. Her English is great and she is so sweet.

She gave me all these things! Cookies, leg warmers, a handkerchief, and a makeup purse. She also wrote a note.

It said, "Dear Sister Gibson, Thank you for your work as a missionary every day. We, the members of Hiroo Institute are helped and encircled by your love and wonderful talents. When you showed us the dresses you made for children of another country. I felt that the Lord really liveth! What a wonderful privilege to learn with you in this class."
This is Tammy W. who taught us how to make some Aussie desserts. She has the most delightful accent and did a great job. Some of the sisters reviewing the recipes!
And just chatting!
Lots of sugar, butter and cream went into these recipes!
Yum!
Here is a little table center cloth that I made with some bunny fabric.

3 comments:

Paige said...

You're getting a taste of a lot of different cultures there! That was a very sweet note that lady wrote.

LJ said...

Oh, that was so sweet and so true what the lady at your institute wrote! What amazing, sweet people you and Dad get to be surrounded with! I miss you though! :)

Miss Kim said...

Sounds like they love you there!