Saturday, February 12, 2011

February 12th '11 - Our Trip to Guam, etc. Part 1

Well, I worked backward on this blog about our trip to Guam, Pohnpei, and Chuuk. This is the headline a couple of days before we left. Hello Kitty throws out a certain kind of bean to welcome spring. Also Sumo wrestling is a main story - lots of scandals regarding throwing of bouts. At Narita Airport - lots of different uniforms for the various airlines.

Sister Goth coming down the escalator.
This is what was served on the plane - it was very Japanese - and very good. Too bad Dad dropped the oily fish on his new tie!
And we arrive!
Pondering ...
The beautiful flower arrangement in the Hilton where we stayed the first night.
Looking out from our window at a paradise!
Walking around the grounds last Sunday evening.
The most prominent point overlooking the ocean.
Can't believe we were really there!
This is the wedding chapel on the Hilton grounds -guess there are a lot of couples who do a destination wedding here.
Elder and Sister Gibson enjoying the beauty of the surroundings.
This is blurry but it shows some of the entertainment that was going on.
The water was cascading over this big urn. It was very peaceful and serene to watch it.
Presenting me with a beautiful flower!
Old sail boat in the lobby area ...
And a row boat ...
Huge!
From the Hilton to the Pohnpei Airport! What a difference!
He HATES waiting! (And we did a lot of it!)
More airport pictures ...
Now see Part 2 and three for the rest of our week's adventures! We are glad to be back safely in Tokyo!

4 comments:

Mark and Kellie said...

I think Dad needs an iPhone, iPad, or a eReader of some sort to keep him occupied during the long waits. I'm amazed at the meal you got on the airplane. Every plane I go on, they want to charge me $8.00 for a stale sandwich.

Paige said...

Just getting caught up on everything. What an eventful few weeks! These places are beautiful! I bet it's been nice to get a change of scenery. Natalia liked the coconut pics. She tried real coconut milk in preschool a few weeks ago (but didn't like it). Where are you guys now? Back in Tokyo?

Mytbroker said...

Hi Grandma & Grandpa, this is Sloanie. I liked the picture of Grandpa when he was holding that flower. I thought he was holding an oragami at first. Was he giving that flower to you? When you took that picture of the fan, I asked my Dad, "why would Grandma take a picture of a fan"? He said, "that's what Grandma likes to do, take pictures of toilets and fans". Love Sloanie.

LJ said...

Guam is absolutely gorgeous!! What a wonderful trip for you! I'm so glad you got to see so many amazing sights and great people. It was great talking to you yesterday, Mom. Sorry if I talked your ear off! I guess that means I still miss and need my mom! :)