I started the day out with heart shaped pancakes for breakfast.
Not perfect - but tasty with Sister Grames delicious apple cider syrup!
After spending the morning teaching a sister to sew, I hurried over to the office where we had two valentine cookie making classes for the office workers. The idea was to get the senior sisters and the office workers to get to know each other better and to have fun! Sister Watabe organized the whole thing. I just had to make some heart cookies for frosting and be there to help with it all
We made peanut butter kiss cookies and snickerdoodles. Then we had them ice the sugar cookes and decorate them any way they wanted.

Putting the kisses onto the warm cookies!
And frosting the hearts!
Our second class was mainly men! Here is Brother Wada stirring up the dough.
They had so much fun and their wives and daughters were amazed to get some homemade cookies as a valentine gift!
All boxed up ready to take home. It was a very successful event!
And here is what it looked like out our window this morning - a little snow! It is gone now and the temperature is probably in the upper 40's now.
Today was a historic day for the Tokyo Mission. Elder Holland, Elder Rasband and their wives are here for the area review and to tour some missions here and in Korea. Here are the missionaries getting ready for the all mission conference today. We were able to attend.
This is Elder Willden from Wisconsin. We know his grandparents and wanted to send this to them.
Everyone was in their seats by 9:30 ready for the 10:00 meeting. That is quite an accomplishment in and of itself! There were 160 missionaries plus us oldsters. Some had travelled a great distance to get here. They were so excited! (And so were we.) Before the meeting started, the Rasbands and Hollands shook hands with EVERY missionary (us too)! It was really something that we will always remember.
The meeting was just indescribable. We had the entire Area presidency and their wives there (two are in the 1st Quorum of the Seventy and one is in the 2nd Quorum). Elder Aoyagi and his wife spoke as did Elder Rasband and his wife. Then Sister Holland spoke and finally Elder Holland. What an incredible message he gave to us all. Makes us all want to go out and set the world on fire! Tonight is a meeting for everyone in a stake center about an hour away. We are not going as it will be so crowded and we want the Japanese saints to be able to hear them. I'm sure they will be so happy to have an apostle in their midst!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What an amazing experience to hear from an apostle! That is wonderful and a great morale booster for the missionaries, I'm sure. I loved the heart cookies idea! They looked so delicious! I wondered how often Japanese people made cookies and sweets- they seem to eat so healthy all the time. Anyway, I am catching up on blogs today- thanks for being patient with me! :) Love you and miss you so much!
Did you tell the Hollands that you knew them from Heritage Halls at BYU? I guess he was your RA or something back then.
What a great experience for the missionaries and members there!
What a neat meeting! I'm sure it was uplifting for all those missionaries. Love all the Valentine's day activities. I'm impressed with the heart shaped pancakes!
Mark - how do you remember details like that about other people? I can't even remember details from my own life! The meeting sounded wonderful. We had a meeting like that with Elder Gene R. Cook and one with Elder Uchdorf. Great pancakes. Steve made some for us - he says your look better!
Sister Gibson, I love the photos! It looks like fun. This is Nathan Quinn, who had Sunday dinner with you guys last month. I will be in Tokyo again this coming week on business and was hoping to stop by and see you and Brother Gibson. Email me if you will have any free time in the evenings. nq@byu.net
I hope all is well!
Nathan Quinn
Post a Comment