Sunday, June 19, 2011
June 19th 11 Father's Day, etc.
End of year picnic at the US Embassy for our Branch. Good old American food - hot dogs and hamburgers!
Some of the Branch members enjoying a beautiful day. Since so many leave and go back to the States for the summer, it was a good chance to get together one more time.
OK, isn't she the cutest thing? Her name is Emily and I love to watch her each week at church.
She has three big sisters and one big brother. She is a delight to the whole Branch.
This growth on a tree reminded me of a huge nose.
This bowl is the most important thing in the kitchen. It is big enough for mixing bread, making meatloaf, and many other things. What would I do without it!
Four cute Sisters who came to dinner. It is always fun to be with them. Such enthusiasm and energy!
Bride and groom - Japan Times
Rulon on a day when he had a very early call. No time for a shower or to get dressed - must help those missionaries!
Although my birthday was a month ago, we finally were able to celebrate with the office workers and other women. They were all so nice and gave me lots of gifts. Here is the dessert that they ordered for me.
We also celebrated Sister Grames and Sister Richs' birthdays.
What great people!
Random shot of a brave little plant growing out of a rock wall.
It has been a hard three months for Japan.
I snapped this to show the big baggy pants that many of the workers wear. I think they actually look dangerous as they could get caught in machinery. But they must be cool.
Elder and Sister Donahoe arrived on Tues. night and I took them around on Wednesday to see the temple and where we attend church.
I went to a private home with a friend to see some women who do applique quilts. This little girl is 7 and is making this quilt!
Everything is stitched by hand - look at the beautiful designs!
I am teaching Lauryn how to sew. She is 11 and so delightful. She really is doing well. Here she is making a baby quilt for her new niece.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those gifts will look great in your American home - assuming you can get them home that is. Those Japanese children are adorable. I'm guessing they're a bit better behaved than your average American child too.
Thanks for the photos and glimpses into your mission.
Happy Father's Day to Bother Gibson and happy Birthday to Sister Gibson! -Ili
More great pictures, Mom! How sweet to teach that little girl how to sew! What a great skill she'll have - I'm sure her grandma is grateful to you.
Post a Comment