Saturday, June 11, 2011

Korea - Seoul 2011

 Eating at a restaurant in Seoul
 President and Sister Lee (pronounced Ee)
 The Goths - this was their last trip before leaving for home in Canada.
 The AP's who did so much for us.  Drove us everywhere, arranged for lodging, etc.
 This is the CHINESE restauraunt where we ate -
 after passing this Korean one and ...
 a Burger King!
 A sampling of our food - Yum!
 This is Korean writing - it is called "lollipop writing" by some.  Just sticks and circles.
 So many cars!  Here is one way that they can park them all - just stack them up!
                                           
 One of the RS Sisters who helped put the food out for us - this is how she worked with her child on her back.
 The Missionaries loved this meal - Taco Bell!
 Sister Gibson after a Zone Conference day.
 Our welcoming committee at the church. 
 This is the name of the Church in Korean.
 For some reason, this big bouquet was in the foyer.  I saw them elsewhere on stores that were having grand openings or special sales so I don't really know why they had one in the foyer. No one else seemed to know either.
 President and Sister Lee passing out the birthday treats.
 Here is part of the Army of Helaman!
 The "adult" table plus the Sisters (who are more adult than the Elders sometimes)!
 I would like to ride in a kind taxi - how about you?
 When we arrived in Seoul at our hotel, it was after 10:30 p.m. - it was about a 1 Star and the room smelled of smoke.  They had NO non-smoking rooms!  So those AP's scambled to find us something better.
 There was a convention in the city and most of the rooms were taken.  But they finally found two rooms at the Seoul Hilton so we moved over there where we spent two delightful days.  On Monday while the Goths went to visit hospitals, we were able to relax and also visit the big outdoor market a couple of times.  It was within walking distance of the Hilton.  So the fussy senior couples enjoyed their time.  The Crown (the first hotel) also had no internet service.  Glad that we were able to move!  (The two pictures above are in the Hilton - it was after midnight.)

5 comments:

Paige said...

Looks like a busy trip! Sounds like the younger missionaries take great care of you (and you them!).

P.S. Where's grandchild #21 over there on the side with all the pictures??

Jan said...

Way to stand up for getting the right accomodations! Seems like you had a similar experience not too long ago. Besides it being hard to endure a smoky room, it can be "hazardous to your health." On our trip to China, one of our fellow tourists had to be sent home early because they refused to find her a non-smoking room and her allergies/asthma became severe.... Glad you had another wonderful experience with zone conferences!

Grandma G. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LJ said...

Sorry- that previous comment was me but I forgot to sign in! :) I added Hayden to the grandchildren, updated and re-sized some pictures, and changed the background, Mom. I hope you like it! It just reminded me of you when I saw it! I'm glad you had a wonderful trip. The picture of you and Dad at dinner is so cute! The food is definitely exotic. I'm glad you have such wonderful people to share your mission experience with!

Mom G said...

LYNN _ I love it! It looks so good and the white is so easy to read. Thank you for your time and effort in my behalf!!