Well, you will never stop me now! Here is another bit of wisdom learned over the years.
Buy a can of car wax. Open and use the sponge applicator to wipe a small amount of wax on your clean counters, table top, bath tile (not floor tile - too slippery and not cupboard doors as the wax gets in all the crevices and is hard to remove). Let wax dry then buff with an old towel or soft cloth. Your surfaces will shine and it will be easier to wipe off water spots. You don't have to do this very often but it really makes the surfaces shine. Repeat if you see that it has worn off or things are looking dull again.
Speaking of which (water spots), the bathroom counter tops usually have this problem especially where you lay down your toothbrush, cup, etc. Buy a cheap box of tissues (doesn't matter if they are soft for this use). Keep on your counter. Then, if you see scum in your sink, water spots, hair, toothpaste leavings, etc., wet a tissue slightly and go over the area. Then before throwing it away, lean down and rub a clean side over the edge of your floor and in the corners and baseboard. You will be amazed at how much hair and dust you can collect with one tissue! I do this several times a day as I think I am shedding. I can't see the dust or hair on the floor but it is there!!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Mom,
Your blog looks great, I had no idea you had some webmaster talent in you! I made the additions you requested on the family website.
Chris
I think I may try this one. I have turned into my mother because I have a used paper towel on my counter all the time- to save "just in case". :)
Chris, Of course, I didn't design the site - Lynn gave it to me for my birthday with everything on it - pictures and stories I had sent to the kids plus the memories I had written. I never added anything to it until yesterday!
Post a Comment