Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Trying to Blog

Well, I am trying to blog tonight at the suggestion of Paige. She thought she would be interested in some of my " mom wisdom" and so I am going to try to write a little of what I know after all these years. Of course, I can't write it all in one blog (or maybe I could) so I will spread it out and you can take what is valuable to you.
So here is the hint of the day - buy some of the clay type caulking in the color of the frames of your windows (usually cream or wood colored). Pull off pieces (it is in a coil like a rope) and press them into the cracks where air leaks through. If you have big cracks, use a lot! This will save you on heating bills and also air conditioning bills. Of course, the caulk can get brittle when it gets too cold so you may have to warm it up (roll it in your hands like you are making a clay snake) and repress it in or use a fresh piece.
I guess one thing I can tell you tonight is that this communication is so vital. I am thankful for e-mail and blogging. I learn from you!

5 comments:

Mark and Kellie said...

Congrats on blogging! I look forward to all the wisdom I can get. However, the caulking thing is something we've been doing for a while. I must have learned it from you!

Paige said...

Yea! I told you it wasn't so bad. I thought you meant caulk like bathroom caulk. I did the rope caulking you were talking about last year since our windows leak horribly and left it on all summer too. I guess I'll have to start over and do it again. Anyways, keep the advice coming! Nobody ever teaches you these things when you buy a house.

Steve and Kim said...

Great job! Now I get to read another blog - and with great wisdom. Thanks.

LJ said...

Mom, you are the wisest woman I know. I am excited to learn from you.

I will never caulk something in my life. That's Dustin's job... :)

Sandra said...

I'm with Lynn!