Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 22nd (part 2) Tokyo Nation Museum

Carving of monkey - after I snapped a picture, I was told it wasn't allowed! Description of the carver/artist
A station set up for you to use various stamps to make a little kimono or a fan.
These girls in real kimonos were having fun making a paper one.
This was a work of art - don't know how they ever dared wear it. Maybe they didn't - it was in beautiful shape.
Some of the detailing on the kimono below - looked like lace!
This one was made of a thin gauze type fabric - it was probably an outer robe.
Pictures on some screens - Sister Goth wants to paint some of these! She is truly an artist.
Dad loved the armor and warrior sections.
Can you imagine fighting with this on - the hair is enough to scare away any enemy!
Another set of armor...
A helmet ...
This sink was amazing - you ran your hand under one part for soap, one part for water, and then the air blew out of the other part to dry your hands! I think the Japanese are amazing in their inventions.
Oh, for one of these! It is a little chair to sit the baby in while you use the toilet! It is right in the stall.
The Goths and her beautiful fan ...
So sad - looking in the dumpster for food ...
Some selling trinkets ...
A shaved ice stand ...
Another homeless person's resting place ...
And another's...
Karate Kid poster ....
Ocean poster in subway ...
Disneyland poster ....
Poster - I love the costumes!
And another poster - mother and child.
It was a fun day at the museum. We didn't see even a portion of it - we'll have to go back.

1 comment:

Mark and Kellie said...

I'm not impressed unless they've installed Solitaire, Tetris, or Yahtzee on the back of the stall doors.