Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 2nd in Japan

The flag of Japan - Land of the Rising Sun - I did see an American flag flying over an Embassy. It made me homesick for all those huge flags that are flying around the Lindon, UT area.
The Tokyo Temple is closed for two weeks. We passed by yesterday and saw the new carpeting in the parking garage. Can't wait to see what they are doing in there!
This is a vacant lot next to the parking for the temple annex. The Church wanted to buy it and put in an offer. But the owners want around $53 million and it was turned down!! The lot is not very big. Now that things have slowed economically, the owners may reconsider selling

Since parking is so limited, here is a solution! Double decker parking.
Here is an embassy - the architecture is so different from the other buildings around it. It was so beautiful.
This is Risa who is a receptionist at the office. We invited her over for dinner last night and she helped us with some Japanese phrases. What a sweetheart!
Here she is trying on one of the yukatas that I made. This is my first one from the tablecloth. It was too small for her but doesn't she look cute!

3 comments:

Paige said...

$53 million!? Man, I wish Dan could get a commission off something like that!

Steve and Kim said...

Cute kimono-thing. You're getting good!

Mom G said...

Dad says:
Actually, I believe it was only 25 million for that small patch of ground. That puts a whole different slant on it, doesn't it? Obviously, land is at a premium - especially in Tokyo - and especially in our area. If you guessed the true cost for renting a small apartment like ours in this area, I suspect it would be a serious under-estimation.